Saturday, January 1, 2011

My New Years Resolution

Yes, I actually made one.

My resolution for 2011 is to be more than just a student.

Last year I managed to earn three 4.0 GPAs in a row.  Yeah, it's a major accomplishment, but I feel like I haven't accomplished much outside the academic realm.  Proof?  I haven't updated this blog since April, I hardly even got it started before politely setting it on the shelf and ignoring it.

I am more than a student.

I am a granddaughter, I am a daughter, I am a niece, I am a cousin, I am a friend, I am an artist, I am a designer, I am a blogger, I am a photographer, I am a knitter, I am a computer geek, I am so many other things... on top of being a student. 

This year, I resolve to not neglect the rest of my life in the pursuit of good grades.  Reading, crafting, writing, and creativity are worthy of a little extra time and attention.  Employment would be another nice goal, there is no reason I can't get paid for being creative, that's the whole point of getting this education, right?  And socializing, I miss my friends, I miss making friends.  It's just not practical to spend every Friday and Saturday night doing homework and studying.  Also, do you know how long it has been since I turned on my XBox?  I bet it is pretty ticked off at me by this point.

Not everything needs to be put on the back burner to earn A's. 
That is my New Years Resolution.

No comments:

Post a Comment