Friday, March 25, 2011

Stepping Stones

Last term flew by fast. 

I learned more than I ever thought I wanted to know about Microsoft Windows in Operating Systems II.  I was introduced to the wonderful world of Adobe Flash in Multimedia for the Web.  I explored my talents for graphic design and turning those designs into a finished product in Computer Graphics I.  And I learned how to draft an argument and use better research and citation practices in my second term of English Composition.

The final result?  Another 4.0 (four in a row now).

More news?

I applied and got the position as Associate Copy Editor for the college newspaper.  It's requiring an additional five credits on top of my 12 credit, full time course load, but the rewards could quite possibly be worth it.  The sort of attention to detail the job requires is going to be a welcome addition to my resume.  It is my understanding that I am now a part of a great big dysfunctional family.  I'm looking forward to it.

Can you believe there is more?

"An Axe Design" is officially a registered business name in the state of Oregon.  Soon to follow: a business license.  Got any freelance work?  I am open for business.

And finally:

I got my first paid freelance web design job via a friend since birth.  More details to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment