Thursday, April 17, 2014

Doing Bob Barker Proud

Gin - 3 months
Today, this little guy turned six months old - oh how the time flies!  It seems like just yesterday I brought him home and welcomed him to the furry family.

Can you guess how we are celebrating this auspicious occasion?  Why the best way ever of course!

Tomorrow, we pay a visit to the vet (shh, I still haven't told him) and stop the growing flow of hormones that have him already acting like an aggressive little bugger.

As comical as it's been to see him try and play with his adopted big sister - 11 years his senior - as well as the family's not so tolerant aging chihuahua, there comes a point when it crosses the line from funny to sad.  At six months, this kitty is taller than the chihuahua and still growing - it's no longer a fair fight, especially since she rarely sees the black ball of fur flying at her until it's too late.  As part Bengal, I have absolutely no clue how big this little guy is going to get so I have no qualms getting him snipped and crossing my fingers that his adolescence can proceed with a little less of a terror lurking behind those innocent eyes.

The only thing I am not looking forward to is tomorrow morning.  My boy here has a spectacular inner clock, one that has me awake by 6:30 a.m. and has food in his bowl by 8.  Unfortunately, as of midnight tonight, he can't have any food or water and I can't drop him off at the vet until 9.  Hence the impending trouble.  Between 6:30 and 9 tomorrow morning, I am going to have one annoying critter on my hands.

I kind of feel sorry for the vet.

No comments:

Post a Comment