Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Officially Offical

Yesterday I made the big leap from a free web host (which was flagged by my anti-virus software so I'd avoid x10hosting if I were you) to my very own domain.  I feel official, like I just went legit.  I may still be a student when it comes to this whole web design thing, but that's no reason not to take me seriously, right?

So after the big deal to secure my very own place in cyberspace, what do I do today?  I start a free account with blogger.  What can I say?  I like the community.  I'm a blogger from way back, been out of touch for a while, and now I've got new adventures to share with the world, so why not do it here?

This little blog is going to be the place I unload everything that can't fit into one hundred and forty characters (Twitter, my newest addiction) and for anything I deem "less than professional" or "too informal" for my portfolio web site.  So yeah, I'll be putting pretty much anything I want here.

Oh yeah, my adventures...  Sooner or later you are going to want to know a little about me so here goes:

You know that feeling, when you wake up and suddenly you're almost thirty, divorced, unemployed, uneducated, with cats instead of kids, and living in the room that managed to survive your years of attempted teenage angst?

No?  Is that just me?  Huh...  Anyway, that was then, this is now (oddly enough, then wasn't that long ago and now isn't ENTIRELY different, but I digress).

I am now a full time student, studying for an actual career, making steps towards becoming a professional, and trying out this new-fangled thing called "networking".  It's an interesting process for an shy introvert such as myself but I have to say I'm proud of my progress.

Tomorrow is the last final of my first term of college, algebra.  Believe it or not, I think I may not just pass, but actually do well.  I've done amazingly (in my eyes) during this term, I may even complete it with all A's.  Better than expected, making me nice and giddy inside of course, like a first grader bringing home that first gold star.

For the moment, I can't really think of much else to add to this lovely introduction, so I'll bid the blogger universe goodnight and go shove the critters off the bed so I can catch some zzz's. 

Goodnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment