Sunday, June 1, 2014

Aging Gracefully

Let's face it, despite the actual meaning of my name, I am anything but graceful.

I trip over my feet, I trip over my emotions, I trip over my words.

The only thing I've ever considered myself graceful at was falling, but literally and figuratively.

So just a couple days away from... let's not say birthday, we'll say anniversary of my birth... I find myself wondering if I can in fact, age gracefully.

While that may be a question better left up to philosophers, theorists and Jeopardy winners, I have decided that the upcoming year will be better than the last.

I have made some great accomplishments in the last year.  Accolades, achievement, advancement - I mean really, I shouldn't have a reason to complain.  I'm not complaining, per say, I'm just summoning courage to live up to the age old adage: "There's always room for improvement."

I'm going to grow more, learn more, do more.  I'm going to get out more, experience more, live more.  I'm going to let go of the bad, hold onto the good and embrace whatever progress comes my way.  That's not too lofty, is it?

Who needs New Years resolutions when you have birthday resolutions.

So bring on the next year, I'm ready for it danigt, and for whatever it may bring.

No comments:

Post a Comment